Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Zipper Neck

Yep, yep folks, I am now an official, certified, organic lil' zipper neck. I can wear a strand of pearls for no reason, but to look cool. I can now say I was under the surgeons knife in the fanciest, most beautiful hospital in the world. It was totally 5 star. From the moment you park your car in the glassy window parking lot, to the soft knock-knocks at your door" room service" to the mints by your bed then the housekeepers come to empty your garbage. It was a riot, and I loved every minute of it. Well there was one minute I didn't enjoy. It goes like this. Nurse as she is poking at a blood clot," I just want to see what's under it" poke, poke, Me " NO, it hurts', Nurse: Oh ....let me must take a peek under that clot" pokke, poke, Me: NOOOO! swat hand away, kicking feet and thrashing around the bed with my sister Charlene and niece Allison watching. They could tell something was about to break loose and it wasn't those free peppermints. " Take cover folks she is about to blow" I sat straight up in the bed, held my hands up in the air, as if saying 10 Hail Mary's, and proceeded to quit breathing. Which in turn brought on more wheezing and weird noises. My brain heard them and thought, " what are those noises , and who is making them" This is a 5 Star Hospital ya know, all screamers lower floor please. And who is rubbing my back?? who is asking me questions about anxiety and panic disorder? No.... I am stable, it was my dad who threw the phone at the nurse at UCLA. I....am....perfectly.......calm, just don't touch me. After about 10 minutes of wheezing, sniveling, and a stranger danger back rub. I figured out those awful noises were me. Eggads..... Oh..my arms are still in the air!!!!, I hope they closed the door, did anyone see? how embarrassing.in a 5 Star Hospital. Well... that taught them, don't go poking around someones zipper neck when it hurts and is swollen. Like I said before, my stay was most interesting, next time I am going to bring my dog, and have a party, there is room for 5 to sleep there and showers, laundry, kitchens for all your friends. It will be most fun and eventful. Prognosis: I am recovering fine, actually went to the temple today, 97. ya ho. only 3 more to go. So this blog was about moi, but I have some fantastic news from Laura and I will write about her tomorrow. Remember to stay on the light side of the right side even in 5 Star Hospitals. Love and kisses, Kathy

No comments: