Thursday, December 18, 2008

Proud Mama

Read it" Me trying to sound Hi guys, It's 2:30 in the am and I can't sleep. I guess its because Laura read me the talk she has to present in Sacrament meeting for the X-mas program. I just can hardly believe it. She is a true missionary and so inspiring. The words coming out of her mouth are like some female apostle, or something. Laura has always been very sensitive, some have called her" over sensitive," but is there really such a thing? When Lolo was just a small babe, toddler if you will and we would go shopping for cards at Hallmark, she made me read every card to make sure they said what she really wanted it to say. Me" Ohhhh.... this picture is pretty and it's only $ 1.25, lets get it" Lolo enthusiastic cuz time was running out. Lolo " nope its not right", she would persuade me to read for what seems like hours to get the perfect card. Words have always meant so much, and she can tell a flake a mile away, so don't try to fool her, she's got your number. After listening to her talk, she had permission to talk, as she was checking up on me. Her talk made me think of things I love and things that make me sad. I will tell a few.
1. I love the smell of Christmas
2. I love the excitment in children's eyes at Christmas
3. I love my daughter, who God has trusted in me to teach and nurture.
4. I love the way she talks like our barking nightmare dog Litlte Roo
5. I love how Lolo likes to cuddle and spoon and how she places her head between my shoulder blades and heals me.
6. I love Temples and the work that is done there.
7. I love that I have gone 98 times this year and my first was with Laura.
8. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that my daughter is sharing it's truth to who ever they can teach.
9. I love my family, young and old, dead and living, funny and boring.... because they are MY family and the treasured memories are worth more than gold.
10. I love my friends who watch out for me and truly care.
It could go on a couple pages, so I will stop. My next thought at this awful hour is: things that make me sad.
1. Picturing our Savior Jesus Christ on the cross.
2. Seeing children cry cuz they are hurt or scared.
3. Seeing grown people cry cuz they are hurt or scared
4. Throwing away memories
5. People refusing the Gospel
6. Seeing my family get old and frail.
7. Thinking about Prophet Joseph Smith in the Carthage Jail
8 Never getting to shake hands with President Gorden B. Hinkley " Hinks"
9. People never going to the Temple
10. Wasted time.
Once again I could go on. Laura has taught me so many things, and that was before she turned 3. tee hee. What a privilege it is to have her in my life. The distance isn't too bad, and I know we can be a family forever, she will always be there for me ,making me laugh, spooning in the afternoon, talking like Little Roo, and teaching and nurturing me. I am beaming that she was asked to speak in church on such a special day. A day to honor Jesus Christ. Laura's talk will be amazing, she will cry, laugh and she will touch hearts. So... now I am sleepy and need my beauty rest so I will leave you with those thoughts . Maybe when its a quite moment you will write down what you love and what makes you sad. Then think of our potential and be full of gratitude for the blessings we have been given. Hey...I am alive, and my neck was sliced open. what a miracle. Well maybe next time I will have a chance to tell you all about the coming up baptisms. Lets just say that every life she touches wants more of that she has to tell them. Just to be near her is a gift. Boy oh Boy do I love that girl. So nightly night, and I hope you slept tight. And as always " Stay on the Light side of the Right side" Love a missionary mommy,


No comments: