Friday, December 26, 2008

" What a Wonderful Life"

Good-morning my friends. I hope all your Christmases were bright and Santa brought you at least one thing you wished for. On Christmas Eve, I was watching the classic "What a Wonderful Life " with Jimmy Stewart. We were about 15 minutes from the end of the movie and I hear a knock at the door. I grab Nightmare in her cute pink sweater with pearls and head to the door.
Well there he was....No not Santa, but pretty close. O' Glade Hunsaker , Mr. tall dark and handsome was holding a tray. He said" this is from Ms Kristen, This is from Ms. Judy, and this is also from Ms. Judy and me." He asks if all is well and am I ready for Santa. As I closed the door, I thought " What a Wonderful Life" to have friends who stop by in a snow storm to deliver love and glad tidings. Friends who make sure you are doing okay alone after zipper neck surgery. Friends who check up on you twice a day to make sure you are breathing( Jilly), Young Womens who sneakily leave me gifts and hide it behind a broom on the porch. Friends and neighbors who move snow in the middle of the night. And how wonderful to have a worthy, beautiful daughter on a mission, serving with all her might and soul. How lucky we are to have our Savior Jesus Christ and the atonement . It is a wonderful world and we are so blessed. My Christmas was perfect. A yummy family traditional meal with the O'dell Miner family. Watching Grandpa Miner put on his grand children's Indiana Jones hat and play with the whip. His lovely wife Dorothy by his side and always a sweetie who beams with the light of Christ and has so much love for her family, the feeling is a memory for sure. Watching the boys Mason and Logan play with the toys Santa brought. Watching adults trying to " figure" these flashlights out. Oh.... it was a joyous day for all. Thank-you to everyone who invited me into their home to share traditions and stories. And also for D'Anna Ely for inviting me over for a beautiful turkey dinner and to meet all her family. I thank-you all from the Southwest, Northeast, North west, Southeast sides of my heart.( Did ya get that Jilly) You.... my friends are truly wonderful and I love you all.
It is a Wonderful Life, Happy Holidays
Love Kathy, the Zipper neck. Stay on the Right side of the Light side always. right Bryn.!!

No comments: