Monday, December 22, 2008

Mommy Jilly

Hi Friends, I hope you are all surviving the holiday season. The snow in Utah is unbelievable. Today, Lolo didn't email me, cuz of the planned Christmas day telly conversation. I have chosen to write about a few of my friends who I love dearly. I will start with Jilly Miner McCloud. Jilly and I met when Lolo was in elementary school at Edgemont in Provo. Jilly worked with the disabled children, mainly down children. She always impressed me with her love and patience for the children. Jilly called them " my kids", I always felt super cool hanging with Jill, she was the happening gal of Edgemont. Fast forward 10 years. We meet again when our wards combined and she called me to be in Young Women's. If ever sad or down, she can snap you out of it with a single sarcastic word. One of my all time favorites is " the whistle before the train"? To watch Jilly with her boys, all 3 of them is a joy and warms the heart. The young- ins Logan and Mason, and the stud daddy Joe. I asked Joe if I could be wife #4. He is a popular guy, there are 3 ahead of me. I woke up one morning to see Joe shoveling my backyard snow. How cool is he? and he is as funny as he is cool. Jilly's mom and dad invited me up to their "casa" for Thanksgiving, a feast for sure, and I gladly accepted the Christmas invite. Jilly and I have so much fun driving up to Camp Shalom to visit the girls at camp. We laugh the whole way. My favorite story with Jilly is when we pulled into a convenience store to grab a goodie. We stopped at the ice cream counter, I asked the ice cream parlor boy about sanitary conditions, he said it was clean. After I had my ice cream cone in hand and went to pay, Jilly was left on her own. I do believe she mentioned something about cleaning the ice cream scoop, he then proceeded to dip the spoon in water and then wipe it on his jeans with the other germs of the day. There.... all clean. What a riot. After my nurse maids Charlene and Allison headed back to California, they put me in Jilly's care. I had to check in morning and night, when I didn't show up for church on Sunday, she was in a panic and at my door. What a friend.!! So I wanted to let all my friends know how much I love and appreciate Jill's love , support, friendship and motherly care. I am so blessed to have her as my friend and I will be forever grateful for her kindness and taking care of me while in recovery. I love ya Jilly and thank-you for everything. Your partner in crime, Kathy

No comments: