Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Proud Mommie

Hi Guys and Gals, I know I wrote a blog last night about my Jilly and I surely don't want to overload you all with my thoughts, but today I received a letter from MY Missionary Daughter.
Wow, Wow, Wow, You would all be so proud at her accomplishments in New York. I am in awe of her. Laura has the ability to touch so many people. Every investigator she has taught, prayed for guidance over on how best to reach these people had made baptism dates. They had a missionary Christmas party yesterday and they met up with everyone ever served with, the news back to our Lolo was that people she taught are making the choice to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. I am sure she was in tears. She is making a difference, and bringing people to the Gospel. I was reading a talk by M. Russell Ballard " Daughters of God" and there was a part I loved so much I wanted to share it with all of you.
"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. the choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be "full-time moms"', at least during the most formative years of their children's lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or full-time: some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else" I loved that part. God knows all our challenges, skills, talents and abilities and he trusts us with his most precious children. We as Mothers in Zion need to WANT to put our family first. To fight for them, to teach them correct principles, to set examples of purity and goodness. To make our homes a safe haven from the world. We are held accountable for what we teach God's children. Whoa !! That alone should keep us on our toes. Laura was a strong and valiant Spirit in the pre-Earth life, she listened to the lessons there, she made promises with the Father to return to Him with honor, she will not falter, her head is held high in the face of the adversary. Laura has such a gift of discerment, many times she told me what certain things meant. I was lost looking at the trees and she was like MOM...MOM... get your head out of the trees and listen to what I am saying. Then she would say something profound and I would again be shaking my head. Who is this girl, and how does she know so much? We are all born with the light of Christ, some let their light dim, others strive to keep the glow bright. I like to think of Laura as a beacon of light, helping everyone to be in tuned with the Spirit. Her actions and decisions have blessed me beyond words. In two days I will get to talk to her on Christmas Day. My heart pounds really...really hard when I think about it. What news will she have to tell me, I know one thing... it's not about presents under the tree. Laura will talk of the strong Spirits of the investigators and how she KNOWS they will be baptized. Laura will talk of the pure love of Jesus Christ, Laura will talk of the love she has for everyone in the mission field, but best of all Laura will talk to me.... her Mommy and I will hear her voice say " I love and miss you" . That will be my greatest Christmas gift this year. Just to hear her voice and the sweet spirit she brings into our home. Of course I am hoping a little Roo voice sneaks in there.
Thank-you everyone for the letters of encouragement to our Laura, the secret money sent to the Bishop to help out. We appreciate all you have done and wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. PS. Lolo's Christmas cards got lost in the mail, so don't be surprised if you get them later in the year. Remember to stay of the "Right Side of the Light Side", love to you all, Kathy...aka Zipper neck a missionary Mommy

No comments: