Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Barbie/Bryn

Okay.... let me tell you about Bryn, Bryn-a-lyn- Bryn-a-san, Daughter #2, . Well ...why don't we just call her Mary Poppins, because she is "Practically Perfect in every Way" Yep, yep there is only one person with as much energy, ambition, motivation, STORIES, and kind heart as my Brynny. Many years ago, when I was a high powered office manager. We needed a nice girl, someone who would be a team player, work hard and laugh. The day Bryn walked thru the french doors at Dr. Hunsaker's dental office, I knew I found my girl. All decked out in red and khaki , her little blond bob neatly coiffed and just as polite as a well trained debutante. I asked her a few questions, and zippy-do-da... decision made, we had found our girl. Little did I know at the time, it would be a friendship of a lifetime, with more laughter and more stories. This girl has some narly stories. Come on Bryn , she is so modest. Who else rides horses with MITT ROMMEY?, or charmed Dennis Rodman to pose for a picture at his restaurant. " Ahhh come on Dennis... one little pic", Or even better... who gets to part-tay with Governor Huntsman, at the manse no less. If there is a will there's a way, she can do anything. As I was lying in my Hospital bed at the 5 star Huntsman Chateau, the door creaks open, and I see this bright cheerful, almost bewitching smile. "Hi Kathy, " Bryn says as she slowly sashays in the room. Oh my... is it the morphine or did Holiday Barbie just walk in the room. A festive red blazer with a holiday brooch. Yep, that's my girl. I looked like a cat run over and dragged 15 miles thru dirt,snow, blood and left for dead. Bryn on the other hand, couldn't have looked more lovely, bright and festive. How does she do it? We chatted for awhile, she sat patiently while I begged the nurse for more pain meds (refused), she gave me sympathy when they misplaced my clothes ( most importantly my tooth), and was so excited to learn I got to order anything I wanted from the menu. " Oh... Bryn says," they have the best food here, it is unbelievable" I'm like " Come on, lets get mad, no drugs, no tooth, and no food yet and it's 12:00. Bryn patiently sits and has a nice comment to say about everything. Flashback to the dentist office. In Dr. Hunsaker's 10 years of practice, Bryn was the only employee to get her picture with him. Bryn convinced the car detailing guy to let her sit in Dr's red hummer and take a picture. Bryn introduced Dr. Hunsaker to Cafe Rio, and he would only order it if Bryn wanted it that day, the girl is magic. And I mean it ...honestly. We won't go into detail the day she gave her two week notice, planning on heading to Wash., DC. to intern in a law office. Heh...Heh.... our secret Bryn and I love you for it. If I haven't heard from Bryn for 10 days or so, I wonder..."is she building a school for orphans in Hati", is she climbing the Great Wall in China?, Is she eating roasted chicken with her fingers with my daughter in Hawaii?, Yes..Yes.. and Yes... Bryn knows everyone and loves everyone and never has a mean thing to say. My heart is full of the love I have for her and her sweet mother Linda. Each time they visit, I am left feeling better about life. They are amazing and marvelous. I am so blessed to have them in my life. I love the fact that Bryn made a commitment to donate money to Lolo's mission fund, she says, she believes in LDS missions and blessings received . Bryn's mission is in the sky's. Flying for a major airlines, she is close to God and I do believe they communicate when she is in the clouds. Bryn has a pure light so bright, no one or nothing can dim it. I love you Brynny. I hope the stories continue and I will come to the cottage and enjoy some R & R with you when I am well enough to drive. Have a Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays and thank you for all you have done for me and Lolo. I don't need to tell you, but here goes" Stay on the Right side of the Light side" I love ya missy and would do anything in my power for you. Take care and thanks for letting me write about you.
Love Mommy #2 ,Kathy, Zipper neck, or just plain Fancy Pants.

No comments: