Saturday, August 30, 2008

A dip or a slip in Holy water

Good Morning one and all.
Sorry for my delay in letting everyone know of Laura's first baptism. Kellie the precious one who couldn't wait to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was baptised last Saturday. To read Laura's events for the day, is amazing. Coordinating the Bishop's, failure for the program to print, talks that almost didn't show up, decisions, decisions, decisions. Both Sister's Burns and Ure could see how Satan was trying to foul up and discourage this special day. Tension was high, it took 5 hours to fill the font, Kellie's dear Mother presented Kellie with a gold cross to mark the occasion :), and Laura ended up soaking wet in the baptismal font. What a surprise !! NOT, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It was a wonderful day for all. On Wed. Laura was transfered to Brighton. I think the tears that fell to the floor that day were many. Sister Ure was a pure blessing to come in to Laura's life, and mine too. Laura said Sister Ure every night she would remember me in her prayers. How sweet is that? I love that girl and can't wait to meet her and thank her personally for taking care of my daughter, making her laugh and feeling the Spirit. The new comp. is Sister Evans, don't know anything yet, but I am sure she is great. However, my heart will always be grateful for the time Laura was with Sister Ure. I received an odd message on my phone last Sat. I had to replay it 5 times before I could make it out. Sister Ure and Laura found a phone with no one around and wanted to " see" if it called Utah. yep, yep. Sure did and I will save that message forever. I also received pics from the days at the MTC, it looks like they had a bit of fun, light sabers, matrix poses and lots of smiling guys and gals. Once Allison teaches me how to scan in the photos, I will post them for you to see. Allison my niece is staying here for a few weeks, we have had so much fun, her heart is pure and she is a blessing in my life. We had the Missionary's over for dinner followed with a baptism. Two of my Young Women's father was baptised . We were both touched by the sweet Spirit, and thought " this is what Lolo is doing' WOW !! I've got to close for now. Laura's new address is 1308 Elmwood Ave Apt. #1 Rochester New York 14620. My gratitude to all of you for your many letters to Laura. I was able to read quite a few of them, she sent them home for safe keeping as not to be lost in the transfer. They are so precious and dear. Thank-you one and all for your sacrifices and support of my lovely Daughter Laura. She is making all of us proud. Stay on the right side of the light side, hold to the rod and pray for our Missionary's. Love you all so much. Mommy, little Roo and cuz Ali.

No comments: