Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ant-tony in a yellow pimp suit, Who - Ya

Hi Guys, Our Sister Burns says that miracles are happening. Laura wrote about 15 names who are interested and/ or they are teaching. How great is that. My favorite story this week was about 10 year old Anthony in his yellow Pimp suit at church. I was wondering if he had a a long purple feather poking out the top. He was proud as a peacock as he ran to Sister Burns for a big hug. His mommy Stacia, and sister Alexendra all want to be baptized, Mommy just had a Word of Wisdom Problem, but she is working on it. My next favorite story was when Sister 's Ure and Burns went to a potienal investigators house to give a lesson. As they waded through the thick cat hair on the carpet and made their way to the lady, she explained that her cat wasn't feeling well. The cat hadn't eaten or drinken for a couple days. Sister Burns went into action. Get me syringes ** STAT*** get me gatorade or pedylite **STAT, she said the look on Sister Ure's face was priceless. Sister Burns was able to get 3 syringes of H2O down the cat before heading to the store for gatorade. When they returned, the lady was outside jumping up and down. ' I GOT TO TELL YOU, IT WORKED' the lady's heart was so softened that Lolo saved her cat, she is setting up an lesson. Reach out in other ways to God's people, is something Laura says to herself. Weed a garden, run an errand, work in the school consession stand, help a drunk up on his feet. By loving the people she is meeting, she is sharing the pure love of Christ. She had alot of experience living with me. If I ever needed her to re-hydrate the dog, she could do it, run an errand, rub out a migraine, she had the magic fingers and golden heart. Ready to help anyone in need. She is bringing hope and love to the people of R0chester NY. Her work is just begining, and I can see miracles everywhere, her letters home are fantastic, like I said before, goose bumps, crocodile tears, beaming, and a little missing her beautiful smile, but so grateful she is sharing that gorgeous smile with the town of Rochester. I can just picture Ant-tony in his pimp yellow suit , lookin fine and wanting to learn more about the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation. I am beyond proud of my daughter and the choices she has made in her life, she has kept her oil lamp full and is prepared to progress in the Gospel. Ya know, you can't love your children too much, your love is an investment in their future. I was sometimes chastised for always wanting to be with Laura and her friends. But I looked upon it as my chance to show and teach by example and for her to know I love her with all my heart and soul. I do believe Laura doing the Lords work is a reflection of staying close to her Father in Heaven and being a side kick with her Kidea. She is awesome. Thank-you for all your help,love and support for my missionary. Stay of the right side of the light side Lo. Love Mommy and little roo.

No comments: