Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Giggles and Service

Hi Friends, Lucky, lucky me. Just yesterday I received a envelope of fabulous missionary pictures. I got to see the Palmyra Pageant pictures, 4 th of July , roasting marshmallows in a dress no less, a lifted van that takes a 7 foot ladder to get into. Also a tiny, tiny frog named Razzie, Missionary companion Sister Ure ( adorable) a few P-days and some cute Elders doing funny things. My most favorite was a picture of my darling daughter smiling, and she looked so happy. Sister's Burns and Ure seem to be very giggly of late. Could it be because a member who is about 100 years old needed them to paint her toe nails for a reunion. Of course they said yes, giggle...giggle. Or was it because Sister Ure walked in unexpectedly on someone using the bathroom. Member..... "Oh honey, I didn't realize you were home" giggle..giggle. Or maybe while doing 5 X 5's the investigator's flag got stuck on Laura's face and she was trying to talk through it, giggle...giggle. Those two girls seem to be having fun and enjoying their service to others. When I was doing Proxy sealings last week at Provo Temple, there always are rooms full of young Elders and Sister Missionary's. The Sealer told the Missionary's " Work hard, and you will have fun... don't... and you won't" simple as that. The joy from service carries you through even the toughest day. I am grateful for the bright sunny disposition of Sister Ure, she brings out the funny of Laura. We will be missing her if one or the other gets transfered in 2 weeks. Talking about time flying by. We are just hours away from the 3 month mark. Can you believe it. I seems like just yesterday we were standing at the MTC taking pictures, and trying to be brave. One thing I have noticed. If ever a family has someone leave on a mission, they are tied to Missionary's forever. There is a bond that comes naturally with those choosing to serve the Lord. I can't walk by the MTC without thinking back to May 14, when the MTC President said " Those high walls aren't to keep the Missionary's in, they are to keep the Mother's out". It was like a giant magnet pulling me towards the gate. How I stayed out, I still never know. I probably would have found Lolo and bunked down with all the girls. I find I get excited to run into Missionary's and find out where their going and where they come from. I know now I will always support a Missionary. Their hearts are so willing even when their dogs are barking. While looking at Laura's pictures, I thought back to our last vacation together. Three years ago, It was to Santa Maria, Ca. to visit my family. One week turned into 6. We just didn't want to leave. I thought how Laura and I walked for miles and miles, just talking and pretending to be pioneers,warriors or soldiers. We walked and talked about everything. dreams, school, pet peeves, futures. And if we found a penny we raced to it. When we returned to Utah ,she soon started at Nordstroms, and I fell " victim" to shoddy dentistry that almost took my life. Now Laura is spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to those who might not have ever heard it. I am still working on my health. We both have new challenges and I am so very proud of Laura and her unselfish decisions. The eternal perspective is grand and Laura is grasping a firm understanding on what is required of us to reserve a spot after our Earth life is over. What a gal. She is amazing and sharing her special gift with others is overwhelming at times. I love that the people of Rochester love her and appreciate her. Laura will be able to reach into the hearts of people searching for the truth and she will help them find true happiness. Laura tells me of how the Spirit guides them and is the 3 rd companion. How lucky I am to be the Mother of such a precious Daughter of our Heavenly Father. On that note, I will close for now with goose bumps on arms, tears on my cheeks and a prayer in my heart for my daughter Laura and all other missionary's in the field. Thank-you to all who help support, pray and send letters to my Missionary. We appreciate all everyone has done in her behalf. Like always..Stay on the right side of the light side. We love you. Always a Missionary Mom and little Roo.

No comments: