Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Cradle of Restoration"

Hi Friends, Today as I think of my gratitude for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and for all I have to be thankful for. My happy heart is so full for all that is good, and all that is good comes from God. As Laura is serving so faithfully, she is experiencing miracles beyond our wildest dreams. Last week they had a Zone Conference at Hill Cumorah, THE Hill Cumorah, how wonderful is that? Then the Missionary's moved on to the E.B. Grandin building where the Book of Morman was first printed. Can you believe it, little LoLo was standing in the very spot of the first Prophet Joseph Smith, and the printing of the Book of Morman. Who would have thought!! It takes me back to when Laura received her mission call. She was on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa Cragun while reading her Called to Serve letter. When she read " you have been called to serve in the New York Rochester Mission," I could sense just a tiny bit of disappointment that she wasn't going overseas. With her brains, we thought for sure it would be Paris, Italy, Greece, Russia, somewhere as grand as her. Then, after the first letter from her Mission President Michael Hemmingway, stating she will be serving in the " Cradle of Restoration" we felt the Spirit so strongly we couldn't hardly speak. For we both knew it was a calling from God and that she would be where the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored. How grateful I am for where she was called to serve. I can only imagine walking on the same ground as Angels, witnesses, and Prophets. What an wonderful experience she is having. While at the E.B. Grandin building, she was "shopping" in a little gift area, and lo and behold, Laura spotted a familiar name...the name was Rand Packer, our dear friend in Provo. There were Missionary magnets that he created to inspire people. The Packer's gave her a set of these magnets when they heard of her calling. What a blessing to have such humble and wonderful friends. Laura must have been beaming telling all the other Missionary's she was raised with Shalayne Packer and how much we love and adore their family. Shirlee Packer is the sweetest example of what we should strive to be as Mother's in Zion. It seems like every letter I receive there are blessings abounding and miracles happening. We are so grateful for the Missionary program and that Laura is serving, sacrificing and learning each and everyday. President Hemmingway shared with the Missionary's a verse he wrote with the "Called to Serve" tune. It is beautiful and I would love to share it with you, but am waiting for permission. Laura said it was most inspiring and beautiful. Another blessing in our lives are President and Sister Hemmingway. They are watching out and teaching our Laura with the Spirit of God.
Next just a quick note on Sister Evans , Lolo's new comp. All is well, All is well. I am grateful for her and how easily they " mesh" . Laura was able to see Sis. Ure at the Zone Conference, a friendship forever. Sister Ure snuck Laura's planner and wrote messages on each page.so cute.!! Also..Lo asked for some perfume, which surprised me, and a cute shirt for P-Day. Hmmm what is that red haired girl up too? All is well, all is well.:) I just got back from Stake Conference, President Unchdorf spoke about Missionary work, I was so proud I think I could have lit up the whole building I was beaming so bright. I was also lucky to sit by handsome David Kader a long time friend who has just returned from a summer in Jerusalem. Laura serving a mission is the greatest blessing in my life, I have said before that when people find out Laura is serving a mission, often it is said, that since my only child and best friend is serving the Lord, the blessings will come pouring in buckets. I have felt many times the blessings of Laura serving are in fact recognizing the blessings we already have. How grateful I am today for all blessings we receive and for our eternal families and friends. Take care this week, we love you all and thank-you all for your friendship, letters and sacrifices you have given to us. And also a special thank-you to Bryn and Linda Arnell and Debbie Kellogg who have sent Laura so many encouraging letters while she is in the "Cradle of Restoration" Love to you, Missionary Mommy, little Roo and cousin Ali too.

No comments: