Friday, August 1, 2008

The Warners take the Cake

Dear friends, Sorry it has taken me so long to update you all on Sister Burns Mission, Lets just say it was a crazy busy week. First off....Laura told me of letters received from the whole Aaron and Haley Warner family. I will put it in her own words "I got 2 big envelopes from the Warners, ALL OF THEM, Coles said "Good Luck" , Wills bday is 21. It was funny. Aaron typed me a letter and it made me cry a little over lunch, I was so touched that he cared enough to write me, it was soooo awesome. I love that family". So I have decided that the Warner Family takes the cake and gets the award for best supporters of a Sister Missionary. Thank-you Warners, I love you too. Next on the list is fish heads and tails fried up in gooy spices. Sound yummy? luckily Sister Burns could use her sensitive tummy to avoid THAT dinner. Her Comp. Sister Ure didn't fair so well, and is still in misery. Even though Laura can't eat all the food offered, it is still appreciated. The two Sister Missionary's are really working hard. Kolako met with them 2 times last week. During one visit his friend Alvin stopped by and asked what church they were from, so she told him, he was like Oh..I've been to that church before" So Laura said Well you should come again" and he said " Okay" She was stoked. Sometimes you just need to simply ask the questions. They got 17 referrals from the Pagent, but some of them were Members wanting the free movie. Why do us Mormons always want free? Crazy !! Despite the ones wanting freebies, she said they have had success. Sister Ure has a sweet Nashville Joseph Smith CD, they can really kick up the rug rocking to it, and it's legal, so the Janice Kapp Perry CD's will be on the back burner for awhile. I was invited to my dear friends Carma de Jong and Richard Anderson's granddaughters wedding reception last night. If any of you know the Andersons, you'll know how wonderful they are. Carma Rose de Jong has been involved in all the Joseph Smith site exhibitions, making period pieces and making sure it is perfect and exact. While her sweet and modest husband Richard has written many books about Joseph Smith. Richard and his brother are considered the " Anderson Pillars" when it comes to old Joe Smith. I told Laura to show the members in Rochester how the Anderson Brothers are usually sited in every book ever written about our first Prophet. Needless to say, I was among the " genius set" last night. Carma took me around by the hand and introduced me to all of her friends...President of this, author of that, founder of ....well lets just say WOW !! I didn't want to leave. Sister Burns cousin Alison is coming to stay awhile with me, it will be nice to talk to someone other than Little Roo. Take care and thank-you for your support and letters to our sweet Laura. Her address is: 155 Whitehall Dr. Apt. D. Rochester NY 14616. Just in case you may want to write. Laura is doing awesome and words can't describe how proud I am of my girl. Love to you, Mommy and Little Roo

No comments: