Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trunky Elders No way !!

Hi friends, well I just heard from our missionary. If you read the last blog she wrote, you read about the "shoes over a cable", scary.... please Sister Burns, don't explore for pictures. Also Sister Burns is learning a new word "trunky", I thought we had discussed those new words, like "dork dot" "greenie", rope, curve, G-orderant. Maybe with the transfer of missionary's, she will get a greenie and train them with "exact obeidence" and that the price of a ticket to the Palmyra Pagent is a car load of investigators. Laura seems to be getting used to the skitters and blistered feet. but I do worry about toothless, drunk Dennis the investigator and the shoes on the cable. Sister Burns seems to be learning quite a lot and it shows in her letters home, not so much to me, but others have read me what she has said and I am impressed by her growth. Surprised..not at all.... she was preparing for 2 years to go to serve the Lord. We are going on 2 months and I still haven't cleaned up from the farewell. Can you believe it, my OCD's are mellowing with age. Everyone keep praying for a family of investigators to listen to her share the gospel. Judy Hunsaker, Kristen and Tawny Christensen are heading out in 2 weeks for church sites, they are hoping to see our little Sister missionary. Wouldn't that be fun to come back with real live reports from friends who saw her working in the field? I will keep my fingers,toes, legs, arms, and eyes crossed for good luck. Love to you all, Missionary Mom, Kathy

No comments: