Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kolako:" My Man thanopoly"

Hi ya all, " My man thanopoly" is pigeon English, for "My man that no play" A new language Sista Slash is learning. Who ever said she wasn't learning a language was a little off, or didn't know Lolo very well, she will pick up any language around her. Too bad there wasn't any British folks around there. Our Gal Lolo has got a new comp. Sister Ure, Lolo likes her alot, and says she understands her need for some naps every now and again. There are getting a few investigators, and she was able to attend the Palmyra Pagent last week. They went with a member and her 90 year old mother who is not a member. Lolo loved it and spend a day visiting with people, she said there wasn't too many anti-Mormons, but some with bull horns. How rude!! Another investigator is Mary Jo, she has some Mormon friends and saw how much the church helped them in their troubled times. She likes to visit and learn about different religions. Mary Jo has had a first lesson and wants us to come back when her 17 year old daughter Gabrielle is there.. Her house is uncluttered, clean and smelled relatively normal which was a nice change. Mary Jo struggles with her love of tea, not even coffee, and she struggles with the wedding in the temple rules. Laura used a Nordstrom tactic the other day when knocking on doors, the lady said as she was pulling up the driveway " I appreciate what you girls are doing, but I am not interested." Lolo saw a Mary Kay sticker on the back of her car and said, Oh... can I ask you a question about skin care? mine has been horrible since moving to such a humid climate. Ding,Ding, Ding... well it got them in the house and a free mascera and an invite to come back. Way to go Lo, sneak up when their not thinking and hit them with the old Nordstrom 1-2 punch.
She had so much to say this week, like 4 pages. It was so fun to sit and read them all. Later, I will add a few more notes from her. I had the opportunity to attend a session in the Salt Lake Temple. It is so beautiful, I was speechless, I was wondering around touching everything and this kind man says " everything is original" he let me snoop for a while. I was in hog heaven. If I had my side kick with me, who knows where we would have ended up. My papa Jack said he once ( in the olden days) was snooping at the Salt Lake Temple and they ended up on the roof. Oh... Papa, I know where I get it. We have a little curiosity thing happening in these genes. Well over and out from Rochester, Love the Momma Burns

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, I finally found the blog. You are hilarious, girl. Snooping in the temple? Not to mention your DAD! Good grief, what if he had ended up in the Holy of Holies? You guys are amazing.

I will read past posts in the days/weeks to come. Your missionary looks wonderful and what a bright girl. Skin care for sure! Let us know if that goes anywhere.