Monday, June 30, 2008

T.O.A.S.T.

Hello from Greece...So, if you're wondering what TOAST stands for it means Thrive on Awkward Situations Today! I thought that was very appropriate for missionary life. Lets see, there is definently something in the water here. People are crazy, the animals here are crazy and its quite amusing to watch. I spent five minutes watching 6 squirrels chase each other around trees because they did it so crazily. I learned that a pair of sneaker draped over a telephone line means that its a "drug street" I will try and get a picture of that someday. No one has signed up to feed us this week and that is so not cool. We are not happy campers. The Elders have appointments but not us, and they are lame, so thats not fair. Transfers are next Tuesday, most likely I'm staying in Greece, which is fine because I'm just getting to know the area. There are tons of Garage Sales here, all week long. Everyone has so much junk and stuff, but a little digging and you could find something good. Today, there was a nice bookcase sitting next to our big dumpster to get hauled off, I wanted it so baaaad, theres a lot of moments like that here for me though. I have to go I only have a few more mins. Love Ya'll. -Sister Burns

1 comment:

kathycburns said...

Don't worry Lolo, I sent some food and It should arrive July 3, just in time for the big 4 th celebration. and of course sweetie, the people always serve Elders first, cuz they know women are very self-sufficent, and little boys are lost with out their mommies to feed them, and take them shopping in the shopping cart and drink juicy, juicy. ya...your're getting it. Love ya, Kidia, keepin it real and know we love and adore you.Roost