Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dennis is Gone

Hi friends, well the sad news is that one of their favorite investigators has been kicked out of his son's home and is now living in a shelter far, far, away so the Sisters won't be able to leave notes for Toothless Dennis. I am sure he will miss the notes and friendly smiles as much as the cute little Sisters will miss his funky personality. Sista Slash/Burns is getting her first transfer this week. She will stay where she is and a new comp. is heading her way. The mission closed down some area's due to no investigators. So it will be interesting to see what happens this week. Hey...maybe they'll have to ship all the Missionary's to Palmyra to help out with the Pagent. Me thinks, they need to send our Sister Laura to let everyone know of her love of Jesus Christ and see her radiant smile. I sent her spotter for the cat hair everywhere, tuna for protein, missionary handbooks, candy for comfort.....hey..they don't have Pudding on the Rice there, she needs something:) > I have been contacted by Sister Ross regarding the Oct. Parade. My favorite topic. Pirates. I am hoping that this will motivate me to have the pirate party I promised Cole Warner 2 years ago. Laura has been gone 2 months now, and she seems to be getting the hang of it. Her only wish right now is to be the teacher and kick these trunky Elders into working a bit harder. You all know Laura, she is a get the job done kinda of gal, and she gets frustrated when her expectations of her peers lags behind. And how is Momma Burns doing? Just dandy, I think its one of those hidden blessings that pour down by the bucketful. Everytime I miss her, I remember why she is there and that is that. I will try to get more info. for next week, this week was weak. Oh yeah. her address is: 155 Whitehall Dr. Apt D. Rochester NY 14616, and she would love to hear from you. Thanks again for all your never ending support. Love the Momma Burns and little Roo

1 comment:

dougly said...

hey i worte a really nice post but it was lost when i had to sigh up for a blog acct.LAME!! its great to read your posts mamma kats. i love reading about sista slash's experiences, what a great kid!
keep up the posts and email or call me sometime. laurie & boys to be in slc approx 7/13-7/20 i hope you can get together. love ya, dougly