Thursday, June 19, 2008

Red Ricardo Suitcase

Hi gang, Sister Slash, found an old red Ricardo suitcase at a yard sale for 25.00, it didn't take her long to find a yard sale. I am surprised she hasn't bought a pile of toys for all of our mini-friends. Bryn-a-lynn stopped by today and said she has an old red Ricardo suitcase that has gone with her around the world. So Slash, ya did good. You and Bryn are thinking alike. I finally listened to the cassette tapes she sent. Laura sang the whole song of " O My Father" It was a song they performed in a Zone / district program. Can I just brag,? it was beautiful, and she didn't yawn once. Which is BIG for Laura, she would yawn every time she sang at church. Makin' great strides Lolo. The Rocky Raccoon is in the back yard eating bread, its so fun to watch , but as usual, not a great habit to start. Sister Slash says they meet lots of anti-Mormon, who.. if you let them, they talk themselves into a circle. Here is one of Lolo's favorite quotes , its long, but very inspiring, and really reminds of the big picture.
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed: the dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line: the decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, small planning, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is tough. My companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.
I must go till He comes, gives till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me, and when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me,
MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR" Henry B. Eyring
Isn't that a great one, I know it was rather long, but worth it huh. Sister Burns appreciates all the letters, love and support she gets from her friends. Thank-you, love Sister Slash's mommy

No comments: