Sunday, September 27, 2009

Don't make me........

Dear Friends and Family, Today is Sunday and a perfect way to finish a perfect week. First.. thank you for all your sweet cards, gifts and well wishes ( especially those from Slick City, you know who you are : )
I had a most wonder week leading up to my birthday , surprise party, lots of cards and treats. Laura is coming home in 24 days and Elder Jordan Cook from her mission said he made a paper chain to count down. Laura has had the most wonderful, spiritual growing experiences we never could have imagined. I will relay this one, cuz it's funny and sooo Lolo. They were at District meeting, and they came in with a bad case of the giggles and treats. A do "gooder"
felt the need to lecture them on loud laughing Well.... if you know Lolo like I know Lolo, she laughs loud and often. The "do gooder" continues to chastise them and others who laugh. Her poor little newbie companion was feeling like a bad missionary, slowly her shoulders sank, then her head went down, and the crocodile tears fell,before Laura could put a comforting arm around her, she bolts from the room with a major panic attack and locks herself in the handicap stall. Laura tried to get her to come out. " No Way she says" So our little Lolo says " Don't make me come get you" companion is still crying in fetal position, then Lolo says ' don't make me spoon ya" she slithers under the door and holds her little companion, softly telling her she needs a Priesthood blessing, she slides back out under the door, heads back to the Elders who look like deers in headlights and Lolo sets it all up. Sitting, standing, full name of companion, etc... heads back to the bathroom slides back under and then tells her she has it all set up and she needs this blessing. After much coxing, she comes out. Many of the Elders have glassy eyes, but all were so concerned for her and her welfare. A beautiful blessing was said, the Elders left and the two sisters cried in the nursery room. Then the giggles began, so it was time to head home. Laura said" the Lord wants you to be happy and laugh while serving, a happy face is much more approachable. Oh... my girl... home in 24 days...She has done so well. She became the Mother to the Elders and Sisters, she took care of them and did an amazing job teaching and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Am I proud ??? I think I am walking above ground . Lolo took it upon herself to followed total obedience during her mission, and to watch the others in the mission field like a mother hen. She is wonderful. We still don't don't know the official homecoming date. I am getting antsy, and peeps need to make plans. But I also know it will all work out. I will post the date when I receive it so you can come and hear her homecoming talk. I will probably be in a puddle of tears basking in her sweetness and homecoming. So don't mind me, if you see a box of Kleenex under my arm, it's all good ! Roostier Jane wanted me to add a couple words. She reminded me that Holiday Bryn also met Brad , Angelina and kids, Matt Lauder,Katie Couric, Suze Orman, Oprah, Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, the Pope and she flies close to God... SHE WINS!! We just love our Holiday Bryn. And "Spooning" is our way of comforting, and Lolo is a healer. Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side" as all is well. Love from a trunky missionary mom, Kathy and little Roostifer Jane

No comments: