Monday, September 14, 2009

17 months of blessings

Hi gang, friends, family, dogs and cats, cougars and pet fishes,
Wow !! It's getting close, she's almost home. I can't bring myself to believe it. Everyone says'It went by so fast" , And it did. As I have Roostifer Jane draped over my shoulder, I try to find the words that will be inspiring, heart felt, loving, caring and grateful to all of you who have helped Laura and Me out for 17 months. The encouraging letters from family and friends. The " how's our missionary doing" echoing from the church halls and neighborhood patio's. The financial help from friends and family who wanted to contribute, because they believe in missionary's , their purpose , admiration and the sacrifices they make. The friends who made commitments to give each month for the 18 months, through the world recession and their own recession faithfully dipped into their pockets and helping. Oh.... what promised blessings you will receive. It has been 17 months of health issues, tears and worry. It has been 17 months of trips to the hospital, some in the middle of the night. It is learning about letting others serve you, and letting them receive those blessings. It has been 17 months of fasting and praying for our Lolo, It has been 17 months of Heavenly Fathers tender mercies, for learning and spiritual growth. It has been 17 months of relying upon the Father to watch and protect over us and never feel alone or lonely. When the Mission President asked Laura if she wanted to stay in Palmyra or go else where. Of course, Laura said " I'll go where you need me" So when I received a quick note saying she was at the Peter Whitmore Farmhouse Residence, and still gives tours at Church Historic sites. I felt joy in knowing she is finishing up her mission serving on sacred grounds. I thank Heavenly Father daily for her protection and experiences. Too many to write, but she has them faithfully recorded, I would like to think just as Nephi of old. Words can not describe how much I have missed my missionary, side kick and faithful daughter. However, in all the affliction's we both have faced, it has been the most humbling, and wonderful 17 months I will ever experience. The letters I have received from Lolo show her growth, faith and love for Jesus Christ. In her letters, she describes to me the miracles that happen on a daily basis. There are no coincidences with the Lord involved. His faithful walk the streets in humid, hot, cold rainy weather, trying to spread the gospel to all in such little time. These missionary's know the Plan of Salvation so well, they want everyone to have a chance to hear the message. The countdown is 38 days and the red haired -tired -swollen and bruised feet, sweet, gentle spirit missionary ... my daughter will be home. Then we have to catch-up, that could weeks or even months, so if you don't see me you can assume I am in a quiet spot with my daughter listening to her read her journal, with Roostifer Jane happily in- between us.
Our Holiday Bryn had a birthday, so hopefully I'll get a telegram telling me in detail just where she went. Amazon, Philippines, Africa, ya never know with Holiday Bryn. I am living my world traveling through her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY BRYN. We love you and your spunky, funky bad self. To everyone... cougar included.. we love you and are so grateful for your friendship and support. " Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side" love from a missionary mom Kathy

No comments: