Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cruising the Temple Halls

Howdy friends, I only have 15 minutes before Young Women's and if I don't jot something down now, it will never happen. Today whilst cruising the temple halls, who else do you know who likes to cruise the Temple halls? O.K. I know I am different, but I like it. Any who... There were 4 ladies, or sisters cruising ahead of me, well they weren't actually cruising, but they were ahead of me. I overheard with my Superman super sonic ears that they all had young daughters on missions. So of course I had to listen. " Well... my Meagan just baptized 2 on Sat.," " Well.... you should hear my Susie Anna tell the plan of Salvation, " "Well my Mary Poppins said she was the best Sister Missionary they ever had." Well this continued to the chapel. And I was lucky enough to sit right beside them ( did you notice the sarcastic in my writing)? They were not using their Chapel voices, their bragging went on for 20 minutes. As I sat quietly listening. I thought to myself.....Well...I have a special daughter on a mission too....she is wonderful too.....With no fear... she shakes her fists high in the air at Armenian men and with shouts of truth of the Gospel on Earth......She had in depth conversations with Agnostic Jewish man and then is asked to bear her testimony of the Savior to them..... Hmmmm... well lookie ...here ladies, top that cookie cutter Temple cruisers. When their bragging simmered down and we went to a new room, I sat very still and took in the great Spirit that can only be found in the Temple of the Lord. Then I looked around and saw, I had no one to brag to. I put my head down, cuz I can breath better, and we don't want to start any tears flowing or else, a panic attack will soon follow. As I sat there trying to hold back tears mixed with shouts of joy about how wonderful MY daughter is as a missionary. I wanted to climb on top of the Temple with Captain Moroni and shout at the top of my Cragun lungs " NO.. Laura is the best Sister Missionary out serving. Her Elders told me and I have their voice on recording to prove it. I have received letters from her investigators thanking me for the love in Laura's heart and kindness in her eyes, and hard working hands. Then I kinda felt sad again for I was alone, then it happened. "HINKS"????, Is that you? I felt the most glorious peaceful warm feeling ever. Ahhhhh...... the Comforter was with me and I twas not alone. I basked in the warmth of the Comforter and glowed knowing Laura is an amazing daughter of God. I have been the blessed Mother who got to raise her, teach her and nurture her. I am the Mother who knows her heart and soul. I am the Mother of a Missionary who always took a stand against right and wrong, or the "Principle of it". I am the Mother of a very hard working Sister Missionary who is freezing in below single digit temperatures and still trying to get our and spread the Gospel. I again looked at the cookie cutters ladies comparing their 3 carat diamonds and bleach blond hair cuts from La Shae La Mont ( ok I do love the bleach ) and thought how lucky I was to be alone in the Temple and ponder our Heavenly Fathers Plan and think of Laura far, far, away. How blessed I was to be able to feel the peaceful Spirit of the Comforter in the Temple this day. I was reassured, encouraged and calm. I was so happy, I didn't have to sit and brag and compare with the cookie cutter copy cat Temple cruisers. For I know my girl is the Best.!!! I am out of time and must go. I learned today never to compare my life with cookie cutter's lives, and I need to keep cruising the Temple halls. All in my own sweet time. "Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side"
Sundance Film Festival is a coming next week , I must might have to crash a party or two. And I heard sweet Allison is coming up to ski with some girlfriends so maybe I will have a chance to see her and take her thru the Draper Temple before it's dedication. Love to you all, and Lolo is doing great. She got to ski New York snow with some investigators Tori and Hannah, so now Tori and Hannah need to come out to Utah and see what real powder is like. Love you a Missionary Mom, Kathy

No comments: