Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Call in the Troops

G'day friends,
This past 2 weeks have been topsy turvy for our little Laura. But first a little giggle on what happened to me on Saturday at the Temple. I had a migraine all day, as I was lying under a pillow of ice, I thought to myself, " oh just get up and go serve." So I pretty much jetted out the door. Once there, I noticed I wasn't wearing a bra, but at least my clothes were on. I put on my dress and something felt airy, I took dress off, zipper broke, oh brother, maybe I should just go back under the pillow of ice . The kind little ladies helped me fix it and off I went to the Chapel. I love watching the young Missionarys come in. There was a whole row behind me, all these handsome young men, so willing to serve. I leaned over to grab a Book of Morman and I felt that zipper start at the bottem and very quickly open all the way to the top. Back exposed!!! and missionary's behind me giggling. Once again, I was ushered out and helped by sweet little ladies who just found me a new dress. I almost felt VIP as they wisk me out and down the elevator and back up all in record time. All is well, but a funny memory. Okay back to Lolo. On Saturday night, I had a strange feeling, couldn't peg it. Well...maybe the time change or Christmas coming up. So I retired early with Little Roo. I couldn't sleep all night. Up and down, looking at the clock, twinkie snack, mystified, I finally went to sleep at 4:35 am. The Young Woman's President called about 9:00 am to go over plans for the Evening in Excellence coming up on Wed. After talking to her, I thought I could see if anyone called my cell phone. I opened the phone and there was a message at 4:32 am. It was from Lolo. FREAK OUT !! It was quick and to the point. Laura had an emergency transfer the night before and wanted to give me the new address to send her winter boots. After a near breakdown of what could have happened to cause a emergency transfer. I started to think about the events of her time served thus far. Hmmm she just had a blessing from President Hemingway, 2 weeks before Laura met with a General Authority, Palmyra Pagent, Sacred Grove, baptisms, Her and Sister Evans were working hard to be led to investigators and people searching for the Gospel. After wearing out the living room carpet, I sat and thought for a second. Laura is responsible, nurturing, hard-working, dedicated to sharing the Gospel, willing to do what ever is asked of her, and I raised her to always choose the right way, or else the Angels will put black marks on heavens chalkboard. Well I couldn't get to the computer soon enough on Monday morning. As it turns out there have been some problems with OTHER Sister missionarys, different girls, hormones all come into play. Some people just have a harder time adjusting to the life of 100% service. Well.... not my girl. The President chose Laura because of all her skills and talents for making a situation right. Laura has the ability to keep people calm, and get along with everyone, and then make them laugh. So it was like calling in the troops to fix things. President knew Laura could calm a crazy situation and make it all okay. Laura had a hard time packing her things, she loves the Elders so much, why I am Mama Love to them and they write me. It was a group effort getting her ready to move on, everyone was crying, and there were Elders racing across Rochester to help out. I bet she really felt loved. Oh... the trials of a mission, I feel like I am right next to her living out the sad, happy, excited, disappointed times with her. As sad as it is, it will make her stronger and a stronger leader. I told her to find the good in the move and be grateful for the trials we all experiencing. Easier said than done for her. But I have total faith in my daughter, she will rise above the chaos , calm it down and make it all better, then grow from her experience. I think of the emergency transfer as a gift, a gift to others who now have the opportunity to meet a Angel and serve with her. I kinda feel that is why I couldn't sleep, even 3,000 miles away Missionary Mommies are tuned in. Thank you all for the letters you send. Laura sent back a stack again to " archive", Bryn, Linda, Debbie, Papa, Mama Sue..... thank-you for the precious words you send Laura, your support is so appreciated, we love you all. Have a good week and I will keep you posted on the new transfer. As always "Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side" and you will be blessed. Love Kathy a Missionary Mommy

No comments: