Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Road Kill and pig dogs

Hi Family and friends,
Hope all is well and the snow doesn't fall too quickly this year. I am not ready for slick roads in Utah or Rochester. As I read my email from Laura yesterday, these thoughts came to my mind.
To the tune of "Green Acres"
Green Acres is the place to be.....
Real farm living is the life for me...
Clap board houses spread out far and wide..
Keeping these Sisters "Bookin it" side by side...

New York is where we really are........
No sky scrapers, but lots of bars..
Road kill and pig dogs everywhere
It's no surprise, we didn't do our hair.

da da da da da.... Acts :1... da da da da da Luke :2
da da da da da...da da da da
Bacon that pig just stole and ate my shoe.

We're called to Serve
Good-bye pampered life.....
So Spenceport we are here......

Our Laura is having so many experiences with a great many people. She has eaten Holopsi in the sauna with a Ukranian family, has had stimulating conversation with Agnostic Jew who is so knowledgeable and great to talk to. And tried to convert a whole group at the local scrapbook store by inviting them to enrichment night. My ...my that girl is busy and touching so many lives. Her goal is firm, teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and bear testimony of his atoning sacrifice for us. and the truth of the Book of Morman . I just want to shout with joy and the proud feeling I get just seeing her growth. Laura has a firm understanding of the eternal perspective , she knows what needs to be done and what she needs to do to accomplish her goal and return with honor. This will be a hard Thanksgiving and Christmas with out hearing the laughter of Laura. But I look at it with the knowledge that her light is shining and bringing joy and everlasting happiness to the children of our Heavenly Father. Knowing Laura has dedicated this time of her life to the service of the Church and our Savior is the best present I could have in my life. What a blessing it is to have her in the mission field. I have become a active temple worker. I excitedly drive to the temple 5 times a week to do the temple ordinances for those who can't do it for themselves. By Laura's example I have become a better person in serving the Lord myself. I went to a World wide Cragun Family reunion a few weeks ago. My 3 times great grandmother Martha Cragun Cox has inspired me to always be of service to God's children. And with Laura on a mission, I have no other choice but to be of service. I want to make my family proud of me. And talk about stories about the wild, wild west, now I see where Jack gets it, and Jack's Kid get it, and Jack's Kid's Kid get it. We need to count our blessings, just like the famous song, we will be surprised what the Lord has done. We have so much to be grateful for, and need to help others daily. I was watching a show on the History channel the other night. It was about gangs, jail, and religion. A return missionary who got sided by gangs told his story. He went on to say " I've served 2 years as a missionary and served 2 years in jail, and I'll tell you, being a missionary is harder than jail time". Yeah Laura, we are so proud of you. Thank- you everyone for your letters of support and love to Laura. I can't begin to thank you enough for your love, support and dollars that help Laura along. Laura is OUR missionary, she is OUR girl, Our friend who is praying and working to be best she can be and make all of us proud. As always "Stay one the Right Side of the Light Side " and you will be blessed. Love from a Missionary Mom, Kathy

No comments: