Monday, October 5, 2009

Power of Brotherly Love....

Happy Monday to all my friends and family who take the time to read my little blog. Laura is home in 15 days... my cancer cells have dropped in number, General Conference was amazing. The blessings are abounding shall we say. I always thought my little bloggity blog was just for me keeping you informed of lolo, venting or recording for posterity. However, today whilst talking to my Brother Doug, I learned how much it has influenced his life. What... What...? Bro. Doug drifted away from our wonderful gospel for a time or two. He told me that reading my blog about Lolo's experiences and my own spiritual growth and feelings, he had a change of heart. He is now a regular temple goer and is serving in his Stake Presidency. We shall do as Jesus asked us to and " love our brother", not to be a quick judge on others, and lend our ear and support to those facing difficult challenges. I have often said the Primary song" He sent His Son" is one of my favorites. In the simplest of words it tells what our Father in Heaven has asked us his faithful children to do. " Live like his Son". I was so happy for brother Doug. ( Dougly, R2 Doug 2, Dougie Fresh) He sounded as peace and his heart was full of gratitude to who?.. me... I never thought my words would have a profound effect on anyone, other than me, Laura, and Roostifer Jane. As Hinks would say... it was ONEDURFUL" I contribute my gospel growth to the fact that Laura is serving a mission. Laura has made me see the "light" in a different way ...through her missionary experiences, I strive to learn more in the missionary way. Preach My Gospel is an amazing way to teach and learn. Laura has made me want to be a stronger member of Jesus Christ's gospel as well as a better person. And in 15 days I get to thank her myself. For those of ya all, who don't know the words to the song I am going to print them at the end. While teaching Primary years ago I was blessed to be taught the words of this song by the lovely Lisa Clark. Lisa was the Primary chorister. Her actions used to help the children along... helped this ( Me) Sunbeam teacher remember them. Now I serve with Lisa in Young Women's, how lucky can one gal be? Lisa is a great example of how we as Mother's in Zion need to love those around us. Here is the song: " How could the Father tell the world, of love and happiness? He sent his son a new born babe,with peace and holiness. How could the Father show the world, the pathway we should go? He sent his Son to walk with men, On earth, that we may know. How could the Father tell the world, Of sacrifice of death? He sent his Son to die for us, and rise with living breath. What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say Have Faith, have hope, Live like his Son, Help others on their way. What does he ask? Live like his Son. That's about it... so simple... Help others on their way. My challenge to you is to find someone to help them on their way, and You will find a happiness that you can find no other way. "Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side" Help others on the way ! Thank you for your prayers for Mr. Bill and his sweetheart. Love a missionary mom for 15 more days. Kathy

No comments: