Friday, August 21, 2009

A Siren... No just Mom.

Hi gang.. I think Roostifer Jane has taken over Mom's blog. I really wanted to voice my concern over Mom's singing voice... well.. let's face it... SHE CAN'T SING !! Like I've said before,we have our nightly roostine, walk in my pink Mercedes, showers, Conan O'Brien ( he's so funny) prayers, scriptures, and 3 primary songs. Talk about a tin -ear -tone -deaf wanna be Spice Girl. It's so sad, she tries so hard. It takes all my mighty strength to not howl at the moon. The crazy thing is , she won't stop trying to get those high notes. My poor cute little ears are just throbbing in pain by the time the 3 songs are over. Poor Mom... "Lolo... what are we gonna do with Mom? Just love her, that's all we can do ... is love her" At least I am not a circus Zebra dog anymore. I have faith the ambien nights are over. Mom flushed those hallucinogenics down the loo. Life at night was getting just a bit too dangerous. Don't get me wrong, I like living on the edge, but the night she put me in my Benz... then put the Benz in the front seat of Pimpy and propped me up like a "loser" in the car and raced to the post office to mail a package for Lolo. My nerves were shot by time we made it safely home. As Grandma G.G. used to say " God bless it, we're home" never rang truer. Lolo is doing really good, and we are praying she stays in Palmyra to finish up her service. We like the fact that she can see the Palmyra Temple and teaches on the Historic Sites. Quiet nights in the Sacred Grove with the fire flies twinkling in the grove sounds like Heaven. We are planning on having our Lolo home on the 21 st if October. That is 2 months or 9 weeks, or 63 days from today. Yayyyyy Lolo !! Then Mom can say " Well done my wonderful daughter...you did it", and boy oh boy is she proud. Why just this morning we were thinking about her departure at the MTC, when she had to say the closing prayer in front of 500 peeps. It seems like just yesterday she left. Mom and me both agree that the "tender mercies" of a loving Heavenly Father help those long days just zoom on by. Now.... if we can get her singing under control : )
Like the church hymns say "Lift up your voice and sing" Mom's just following the rules. Did I tell you we got a post card from Holiday Bryn...from HONG KONG !! Oh..that Bryn, she's wild Spice Girl. Coffee , tea or lets just jet it across the Atlantic to seek out an adventure . One of these days, when Mom's done painting, carpets cleaned, beds freshened, me groomed, and Mom's roots are touched up ( she's a platinum -chained blond thru and thru) , Mom will tell you of the many last minute miracles of our Lolo, but for now, she just can't think about it. Remember that quivering lower lip and half smile, her emotions are too close to the surface, so until Mom can pull it together to actually pen the miracles Lolo has experienced, I'll be the one to say " Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side" Thank-you to all who support our Lolo with encouraging letters and love. We love you too. Love Roostifer Jane and a Trunky Missionary Mom.

No comments: