Sunday, March 29, 2009

If I only had a heart, a brain, some courage !!

Hi friends and family, I know this sounds like the Wizard of Oz. but it actually is what I was feeling last evening after the Young Women's General Conference in Salt Lake City. President Monson's talk was about Courage. It was amazing. We women need the courage to stand alone, to stand strong, to stand steadfast and immovable. Even when faced on the outside, fingers pointing and snide remarks made. We need to firmly believe the truths and " Be thou an example of the Believers" . Which is the theme of the Young Women's this year. Sat. I was feeling pretty sick, but could not pass up a chance to be close to the Prophet and leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. To see him, to hear him, and boy... oh... boy..., I almost ran down the aisle, flung myself over the balcony, past the security, just to be able to touch him. I knew I would be cured. While the other Leaders spoke, I was planning my dramatic race. Could I do it? Lolo would have been impressed, my parents would have been embarrassed but impressed. My group of Young Women leaders would probably have died. But later thought it twas a good story. As I keep plotting, I saw security guards every 4 people all around the Prophet. I would have made the evening news, and put in a psycho ward for evaluation. But the temptation was strongly there. Someday, but not today. Darn... One of my favorite things President Monson said was a quote from Ted Koppel, news anchor man. He said " slogans lie", just start reading them, " its okay to do this" its okay to do that", etc. But when Moses came down from Mt. Sinai, he brought with him the 10 Commandments..... not the 10 Suggestions" I loved it ! I feel extremely grateful to live to close to the conference center and Salt Lake Temple. My spirits are raised and I feel a great amount of hope and love in the church buildings. They say.... if you go to the Temple often, you automatically become more Christ like, and an eye single to the glory of God. I have been able to go and serve many times at the Temple and come away feeling so happy, as President "Hinks" would say " Onederful, Onederful" So all of us need to work on COURAGE... to be stronger, hopefully we all have a brain and a heart: ) tomorrow, I get to chat with the Lolo, and see how her new area is. Monday's are the best. Make your decisions before the temptations appears, the great counterfeiter/ adversary will do anything to make it sound appealing. For he can't have a family, so he wants yours. We must rise above all worldly and material things and keep an eye single to the glory of God... and have Courage. Stay on the Right Side of the Light Side! love to you all. Lolo new address is 120-4 Kittleberger Park, Webster NY.14580. Thank you again for all the sacrifices you make in Laura's behalf, we appreciate you all so much. A Missionary Mom, Kathy

No comments: