Friday, April 24, 2009

"Fishers of Men"

Hi friends, This is such a visual of Laura. While tracking in a new area. Sisters Burns and Sister Autrey, headed out to the lake to see if there were any potential investigators. At first Lolo stood there, thinking of a way to ask a group of fishermen if they believed in Jesus Christ. She ever so bravely sashays over and asks the fishermen about the book "Fishers of Men'. Ah yes.... I'am in. She makes herself at home on a rock, and picks up a fishing pole, and starts to talk about Jesus and fishers of men. She had all there attention and told stories of Jesus and his love for all his children. Her comp. just kinds stood by and was speechless. When Laura was done with her sermon, she passed out call back cards. Her companion said" Wow.... I've heard of things like this happening, but I have never witnessed it with my own eyes. Laura's just chuckles and says " well I am your comp. now this is where the stories begin" I loved it. I laughed so hard. Laura is always trying to come up with unusual lead ins. She is doing so good. Of late, they have been able to go to the Church sites very often. She will soon be there and then "LET THE STORIES BEGIN" OH... my baby girl, she is hitting Rochester hard, and they are loving it. They have a few baptism on May 23, kassy, and everyone is so excited. Laura never ceases to amaze me with her moxie and the Spirit who she teaches through. Being a senior companion brings with the title more responsibility and she is digging it. Lo can handle almost anything. I think she is missing little Roo, and can't wait to get home in 6 months. But she sill leave a part of her heart in Rochester. I am predicting he next 6 months many miracles are going to happen. Laura is working hard and has such a gentle sweet Spirit with her. She can move mountains. Stay on the Right side of the Light Side. Think of laura and her Fishers of men. Thank-you for all your letters of encouragement and support. We love you all. a missionary Mommy, Kathy

No comments: